Maiz morado, or purple corn, has a deep purple color and has long been used by people of the Peruvian Andes in food and beverages .Depictions of this corn have been found at archeological sites of the Mochica culture dating back 2,500 years.
Our Purple Corns are Elaborated from selected grains of purple corn (Zea Mays L.) from the South Region (Ayacucho and Ica). Organically grown and under fair trade compliance. Although purple corn flour is an equivalent substitution for yellow corn flour or meal in baking and food preparation, it is unique in that it contains Anthocyanin.
- Maiz Morado - Purple corn has been grown in Peru for thousands of years.
- Purple Corn powder can be used as a substitute for other flours and can be added to make super food bread, crackers, tortillas, cakes & biscuits:
- Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients, which helps in strengthening the body’s immunity and decreasing inflammation.
- Supports healthy glucose and lipid metabolism. The anthocyanin content found in purple corn is what gives the corn its deep purple color.
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF NUTRIENTS AND FIBER : Promotes healthy aging and vascular integrity