Maiz morado, or purple corn, has a deep purple color and has long been used by people of the Peruvian Andes in food and beverages .Depictions of this corn have been found at archeological sites of the Mochica culture dating back 2,500 years. Our Purple Corns are Elaborated from selected grains of purple corn (Zea Mays L.) from the South Region (Ayacucho and Ica). Organically grown and under fair trade compliance. Although purple corn flour is an equivalent substitution for yellow corn flour or meal in baking and food preparation, it is unique in that it contains Anthocyanin. This ancestral Andean superfood contains special anthocyanins (cyanidin-3-b-glucose). These are a type of complex flavonoid that produces blue, purple or red colors. Anthocyaninins are anti-inflammatory and encourage connective tissue regeneration. As well as being powerful antioxidants that keep us looking young and protected from disease, they promote blood flow and reduce cholesterol.
- Maiz Morado - Purple corn has been grown in Peru for thousands of years.Depictions of this corn have been found at archeological sites of the Mochica culture dating back 2,500 years.
- Purple Corn powder can be used as a substitute for other flours and can be added to make super food bread, crackers, tortillas,Tamales,Cakes & biscuits.Also you can make beverages with this powder.
- Purple corn flour is Full of antioxidants and phytonutrients, which helps in strengthening the body’s immunity and decreasing inflammation.As well as it promote blood flow and reduce cholesterol.
- Supports healthy glucose and lipid metabolism. The anthocyanin content found in purple corn is what gives the corn its deep purple color. Antioxidants keep us looking young and protected from disease.
- EXCELLENT SOURCE OF NUTRIENTS AND FIBER : Promotes healthy aging and vascular integrity.This ancestral Andean superfood contains special anthocyanins (cyanidin-3-b-glucose)